This tuscan tortellini soup is a warm and hearty bowl full of vegetables, a tomato based broth, cannellini beans and cheese tortellinis. It cooks up in less than an hour and will quickly become a family favorite soup recipe.
This tuscan tortellini soup has all sorts of vegetables in it. You'll find onions, carrots, celery and kale.
It's also made with cannellini beans and cheese tortellinis. Cannellini beans are an excellent choice for soup, they are a larger white bean and when cooked in soup takes on all the flavors of the soup. They are also full of fiber.
All you need is under an hour to make this tuscan tortellini soup.
Here is a quick rundown of the ingredients you will need. For the full list of ingredients, amounts and the recipe instructions please reference the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- olive oil
- chicken broth
- crushed tomatoes
- cannellini beans
- tomato paste
- Italian herb seasoning
- salt and pepper
- cheese tortellinis
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 44 ounces chicken broth
- 14.5 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces cannellini beans
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp Italian herb seasoning
- ½ tsp kosher salt + more if needed
- 2 stalks kale, chopped
- 1 package cheese tortellinis
- Optional: parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Add the olive oil to a pot over medium heat and sauté the chopped onions, carrots and celery for 5 minutes.
- To the pot add the chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, cannelloni beans, tomato paste, Italian herb seasoning, salt and kale. Bring to a boil then cover with a lid.
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer 20 minutes. Remove the lid and add the tortellinis, continue cooking 5 minutes or until they are done. Season with pepper. Serve with fresh grated parmigiano reggiano cheese on top.
For more flavor try adding a parmigiano reggiano rind while it simmers.
Optionally, add ¼ c cream for a creamier soup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 1248mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 8gSugar: 6gProtein: 13g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.