This lasagna tortellini soup has a savory tomato base with seasoned ground beef, the same way I make my lasagna, and loaded with cheesy tortellini’s and topped with parmesan cheese!
Cloudy days and cool weather can only mean one thing. Well, it means a lot of things.
But no, I’m talking about hearty comforting soup. Pulling up a bowl of this lasagna soup makes me feel like we are deep into the fall season.
This is like having all the comfort of lasagna with 90% less work. yahoo!
While most of the states are enjoying apple picking and extreme leaf jumping competition, in Phoenix were really lucky if we get cloudy days in the fall otherwise the sun makes you feel like your baking despite it being 70 degrees outside.
So on a cloudy day we really soak in all the gloomy weather to enjoy more traditional fall activities, like soup!
We grew up in Alaska where we only had two seasons, winter and spring. Summer doesn’t really exist and once that’s over it’s basically winter again.
So we went from one extreme to the other. Go figure.
Honestly I make this soup year round, not just when it’s chilly outside. It’s a super easy recipe to throw together.
Everything is made in one pot and you just can’t argue with that.
More Soup Recipes
- 30 Minute Easy Broccoli Cheddar Soup – so creamy, loaded with broccoli and carrots and seasoned with just a pinch of nutmeg
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Copycat Soup – a true copycat recipe, this taste just like the original (I’ve been told better)
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – made with egg noodles and all the classic chicken noodle soup ingredients like carrots, celery and onions
- Loaded Baked Potato Chowder – it’s like taking a bite out of an actual loaded up baked potato
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo – served with rice, this comforting gumbo is a family favorite recipe
- Creamy Tomato Red Pepper Tortellini Soup – a little spicy
- Tender Pot Roast French Onion Soup – pot roast, onions and tons of ooey gooey cheese
- Easy Tomato Basil Soup – a classic tomato soup recipe
- Freezer Friendly Chicken Tortilla Soup – this soup freezes like a dream for those nights you just don’t want to cook
Lasagna Tortellini Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 28 oz chicken broth
- 1/4 c cream
- 9 oz three cheese tortellini’s more if you like lot’s of pasta
- Brown the ground beef
- Drain off the excess fat
- Add in the garlic, onion, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, oregano, salt and pepper
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium/low heat
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and chicken broth
- Simmer for 30 minutes
- Add the cream and tortellini’s to the soup mixture
- Cover and simmer on low until the tortellini’s are cooked
- Top your bowl with fresh parmigiano cheese