It doesn’t get much better than this recipe for lasagna soup! An easy, one pot dinner that the whole family will love. Filled with a tomato broth, lasagna noodles, ground beef, spinach and cheeses. Perfect for a chilly evening during the cool winter months.
I love winter soups. And this lasagna soup recipe embodies all things cozy, hearty and filling. It’s such a quick recipe, requiring only 30 minutes (most of that time being simmer time).
You’ll find all of your favorite lasagna ingredients in the soup. Such as ground beef, onions, herbs, crushed tomatoes, lasagna noodles and ricotta cheese to top it off.
For this recipe you need one soup pot and that’s it. Which makes cleanup a breeze.
Ingredients For Lasagna Soup
Everything you’ll need to make this delicious lasagna soup!
- ground beef – I like to use a 90/10, but if you use a 93/7 then there isn’t much fat to drain off! Really and type of ground beef works.
- garlic – fresh garlic cloves
- onion – I prefer a yellow onion for this recipe
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- kosher salt – my favorite salt to cook with
- ground pepper
- crushed tomatoes – canned crushed tomatoes
- chicken broth
- water – since the noodles get boiled in the soup, a bit of water is necessary, since the noodle soak up liquid
- tomato paste
- lasagna noodles
- frozen spinach
- heavy cream – the heavy cream makes it nice and creamy, there isn’t any mozzarella in the recipe so this is that bit of decadence it needs
- ricotta cheese – after you serve the soup, this gets dolloped on top, so yummy!!!
How To Make Lasagna Soup
Making this lasagna soup could not get any easier! The list of ingredients is actually longer than the directions, that’s just how easy it is.
Start by browning the ground beef and draining off the excess fat. Then add in the onion, garlic, the dried herbs and seasonings. Saute this until the onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
Next add the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, water, tomato paste and pieces of broken up lasagna noodles. Simmer this on low until the lasagna is almost ready, about 10 minutes.
The last step is to add the frozen spinach and cream. Continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
Serve the soup in individuals bowls and top with dollops of ricotta cheese. Optionally you can add some parmesan cheese on top.
More Soup Recipes To Love
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Copycat Recipe
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
- Homemade Chicken and Thyme Dumplings
- 30 Minute Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Minestrone Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
One Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt + more to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 32 oz chicken broth + more if needed
- 1/2 c water
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 6 oz lasagna noodles broken into pieces
- 1 c frozen spinach
- 1/4 c cream
- Ricotta cheese
- Optional: parmesan cheese
- Brown the ground beef
- Drain off the excess fat
- Add in the garlic, onion, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, oregano, salt and pepper
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium/low heat
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, water, tomato paste and broken lasagna pieces
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes
- Add in the frozen spinach and cream, simmer an additional 5 minutes
- Top your bowl with a dollop of ricotta cheese and some parmesan cheese
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review!