A quicker take on the classic lasagna dish we all know and love! A one pan stovetop lasagna full of ground beef, marinara, fresh basil, mozzarella and ricotta.
Lasagna is such a classic staple dinner our house. This stovetop, one pan lasagna has layers of sauce, meat, noodles and three kinds of cheeses; mozzarella, ricotta and Parmigiano reggiano.
I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year holiday! I thought the most suitable recipe for this week would be lasagna. It’s easier than a traditional pan lasagna in the oven and just as delicious.
My son just went back to school altering being on Christmas break and I loved every second of it. We made cookies, went sledding, watched movies, played games and just hung out. He’s mom’s little buddy for sure.
But now that school’s back in, I wanted to share one of of my favorite winter, one pan meals. When you are short on time and the hours it takes to make a lasagna just isn’t happening you need a quick short-cut version! If I have a little extra time i’ll let the ground beef slow cook with the marinara for a bit longer, just so it’s more tender and has better flavor. But you totally do not have to do that.
You could even add vegetables to this lasagna, or make it a meatless lasagna. But here’s the question are you a classic lasagna enthusiast, just meat and cheese OR do you add vegetables like spinach? Comment below and tell me!
Tara’s Easy Stovetop Lasagna
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 28 oz marinara
- 8 oz mozzarella shredded or sliced
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/4 c fresh Parmigiano reggiano grated
- 8 oz pasta
- Brown the ground beef in a large saute pan
- Add the onion, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add to this the marinara, stirring
- Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes
- Cook the pasta per package instruction
- Add the cooked pasta to the meat mixture, stir
- Bury the mozzarella cheese under the pasta layers so you can’t see any of it
- Cover and cook on low for 1-2 minutes (the hot pasta will melt the cheese)
- Add the ricotta in spoonfuls
- Sprinkle on the Parmigiano reggiano