Your family will love this one pot meat lovers pizza pasta bake, an easy 30 minute dinner! It's a one pan pasta bake, (don't even both pre-cooking the noodles) meat lovers style. Ground beef, canadien bacon, Italian sausage and pepperonis are all stuffed into this family friendly meal.
This recipe was first published August 8, 2021.
It doesn't get much easier than a one pot dinner. And we all know the deal of a one pot dinner - little effort and minimal cleanup.
For the meat lovers pizza person in your life, this dinner is a home run.
Why You'll Love This
Everyone will love all the classic meat lovers pizza flavors like ground beef, canadien bacon, Italian sausage and pepperoni. And a pizza pasta wouldn't be complete without topping it with mozzarella cheese.
To make things fun, you can choose whatever pasta noodle shape you want.
You don't even need to pre-cook the pasta noodles. That's right, they get cooked right in the sauce. I promise it works.
By adding some water to the sauce you can cook the noodles without boiling them ahead of time.
- Meats - You'll need ground beef, italian sausage, pepperonis and canadien bacon. You can sub out canadien bacon for ham if you can't get any. The deli will actually thick cut pieces of ham for you.
- Vegetables - Half of an onion and two garlic cloves.
- Pasta Noodles - Have fun and pick your favorite shaped pasta noodles! Make sure you adjust the time if you choose something different than bow ties like I used.
- Pasta Sauce - You can use pasta sauce or a marinara sauce.
- Seasonings - Italian herb seasoning, dried oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Olive Oil
How To Make Meat Lovers Pizza Pasta Bake
The first step in make this insanely easy dinner is to brown up the ground beef and Italian sausage, at the same time in your pan. You want to make sure you choose a pot or pan that has a tight fitting lid.
It's always a good idea to let the ground beef and Italian sausage drain on a few paper towels, get rid of the excess grease.
Next add in some olive oil, diced onion and minced garlic. Cook a few minutes then pour in the pasta sauce, water, dry pasta noodles, seasonings and bring back the ground beef and sausage.
Stir everything together while you bring it to a low boil.
Cover with a lid and turn the heat down to medium/low. But more of a low/low/medium. Everyones stovetops differ so this is something you'll need to keep an eye on.
If you know your burners run hot then keep it at low. Cook for 10 minutes, maybe a bit more.
Take the lid off and stir in the mozzarella cheese, canadien bacon and pepperonis. Bake for just 5 minutes at 425 degrees. Then serve!
Yes, as long as you adjust the cook time to reflect what the pasta box says.
You can skip baking and just cover with a lid for the last 5 minutes to fully melt the cheese. Finishing the dish in the oven gives the top a crisp texture, much like a pizza.
Anything you want! You could add mushroom, olives, whatever your favorite pizza toppings are, this dinner is super versatile.
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ lb mild sausage
- ¼ lb canadien bacon, diced (or ham)
- ½ c pepperonis
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 oz pasta sauce
- 2 c water
- 10 oz bow tie pasta (these do not get pre-cooked)
- 1 ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp Italian herb blend seasoning
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425
- Brown the ground beef and mild Italian sausage in a pan over medium heat, then remove to a plate lined with a few paper towels
- Wipe out any grease in the pan
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil, the diced onion and minced garlic, saute for 2 minutes
- Pour in the pasta sauce, water, dry pasta noodles, ground beef and sausage, oregano, Italian herb seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper
- Stir everything together and bring it to a boil, cover with a tight fitting lid then turn heat down to med/low (see notes)
- Cook this for 10 minutes or until noodles are cooked
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese, diced Canadien bacon and diced pepperonis
- Top with pieces of mozzarella cheese and whole pepperonis
- Bake for 5 minutes
When cooking the pasta in the sauce you may need to turn the temperature all the way down to low depending on your stove, check to make sure it isn’t sticking to the bottom of your pan and adjust as needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 493Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 1447mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 28g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.