This Chinese chicken salad is a light and healthy summer meal option. It takes only 30 minutes to make! Enjoy it for dinner or meal prep for a week's worth of lunches. Filled with mandarin oranges, carrots, green onions, sliced almonds, wonton strips and so much more.
The Chinese chicken salad is by far one of my most favorite salads to order eating out. There is just so much going on, so many yummy ingredients. But it's actually beyond easy to make the salad yourself.
In this recipe the crunchy noodles are a package of the super cheap ramen noodles, the kind you stocked up on in college. Toss out the seasoning packet and crumble up the noodles.
The mandarin oranges come in a jar. Don't bother spending all that time peeling the little mini oranges when you can grab a jar of them, drain out the liquid and use it. It's exactly what the restaurants are using.
This recipe for Chinese chicken salad makes a great dinner option when you are looking for something lighter but still want to have a protein in your salad. I also think this is a wonderful lunch choice. You can divide the portions out for a week and drizzle on a bit of dressing each day.
Here is a rundown of what is in this Chinese chicken salad. For the full list of ingredients, including the amounts and also the instructions please reference the actual recipe card near the bottom of the page.
- chicken thighs
- romaine lettuce
- cabbage mix - saves so much time than shredding your own cabbage
- green onions
- wonton strips
- ramen noodles
- sliced almonds
- mandarin oranges
- sesame seeds
- asian dressing
- Thai Peanut Noodle Chicken Salad
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Summer Chicken Taco Salad
- Avocado Pomegranate Chicken Salad
- Chimichurri Steak Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad with Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 ½ lb chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage mix
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 c wonton strips
- 1 package ramen noodles, crumbled
- ¼ c sliced almonds
- 1 jar mandarin oranges, juice drained
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Asian sesame dressing
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add in a drizzle of oil. Cook the chicken thighs until there is no pink in the center, turning the chicken thighs half way through cooking. Let rest 10 minutes then slice into strips widthwise.
- Add to a large salad bowl the chopped romaine lettuce, cabbage mix, shredded carrots, sliced green onions, wonton strips, crumbled ramen noodles, sliced almonds, mandarin oranges, sesame seeds and the cooked sliced chicken thighs.
- Toss everything together. Spoon into bowls and top with an asian sesame dressing.
By adding the dressing to individual bowls, the salad keeps better in the fridge to eat as leftovers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 19g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.