The best kind of salad, a BLT wedge salad! Loaded with bacon, tomatoes, chives, hardboiled eggs and cheese. You will love the homemade ranch dressing to go on top. It's an easy salad with a great presentation.
This BLT wedge salad is super easy to make. If you love the BLT sandwich then you will love this salad. All you need is a head of iceberg lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, chives, hardboiled eggs, cheese and some homemade ranch.
You could use store bought ranch if you like. But making ranch is pretty quick and tasty, you just need to plan ahead because ranch needs a few days to chill in the fridge and let the flavors come through.
It's also a great weekday lunch option and that's usually when I make it. For lunch you can keep all the ingredients in separate containers and eat it throughout the week.
Unless you have a crowd to feed for lunch, then everything will get gobbled up right away.
I would opt for fresh bacon instead of pre-bought bacon bits. There is nothing better than crisp right out of the pan bacon!
More Salad Recipes
- Chimichurri Steak Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Salad
- 10 Minute Avocado Corn and Tomato Salad
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Chicken Taco Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 hardboiled eggs, chopped (see notes for cooking hardboiled eggs)
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ c chives, chopped
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ c jack cheese, grated
- Homemade ranch dressing (see notes)
- Cut the bottom off the iceberg lettuce and peel off the outermost layer. Cut into fourths. Line the lettuce wedges up on a plate, angled side up.
- Sprinkle on top of the wedges the chopped hardboiled eggs, diced tomato tomatoes, chopped chives, crumbled bacon pieces and top with grated jack cheese (use the small grate side).
- Top with fresh cracked pepper and homemade ranch dressing or store bought.
Ranch: For the best tasting salad try making your own ranch dressing. My recipe tastes just like the restaurant! But it does need to chill in the fridge for 72 hours before using, for best flavor, so plan ahead.
Hardboiled Eggs: Cover the eggs with water and a tight fitting lid, bring to a boil then turn the heat off and sit for 10 minutes. Run cool water over the eggs, cool another 10 minutes and peel.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 374mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.