This Thai peanut chicken noodle salad is exactly what you need for dinner, on repeat. Delicious, easy to make and easy to clean up after. What more could you want?
Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Salad
It reminds me of a deconstructed summer roll.
Actually it tastes exactly like a summer roll, minus the avocado (trust me, you won’t miss it).
I made this when I had no clue what to make for dinner one night. Sometimes the most easy dinners come from a spur of the moment idea and random ingredients in your fridge.
It’s like playing “chopped” in your own kitchen.
If you want to get extra fancy you can shave the carrots.
Which was impossible before I got a mandoline slicer, it’s made all my vegetable cutting a breeze. I got it for my birthday and you’d think I would hate getting kitchen stuff but alas, I love it.
Give me all the gadgets please!
It has a creamy Thai inspired peanut sauce tossed in to it along with some crushed peanuts for that extra peanut crunch.
Prep the vegetables and sauce while you grill the chicken and then just pile everything in a bowl, toss toss toss and that’s dinner!
On the subject of chicken its pretty cut and dry. Season it with a few pinches of salt and pepper and then use a stovetop grill pan to cook it.
Let it sit to lock in the juiciness and once you slice it, grab yourself a lime wedge or two and squeeze it all over the grilled chicken.
This is such a kid friendly meal!
My kids love dipping the chicken and veggies into the “peanut butter”.
They seemed a bit hesitant about it all being combined in a salad and that’s where this is perfect for kids, because you can separate it all out for them.
I was such a picky eater as a kid, my kids definitely put me to shame, especially my son, he will eat just about anything.
And I hear once he’s a teenager he’ll eat me out of house and home, parents with teenagers is this the truth???
If you don’t love yummy, easy dinners then this is definitely not for you. But if delicious goodness is your jam then proceed on to the recipe!
Make sure to follow the Modern Crumb Board on Pinterest for lots of yummy meal inspiration!
And subscribe to the newsletter, below, to get updates when new recipes post.
- 2 chicken breasts, seasoned with salt & pepper and grilled
- 2 carrots, shaved thin
- red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 raw broccoli head, cut into small florets
- 2 green onions, sliced on an angle
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 1/4 c crushed peanuts
- optional: sesame seeds
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 2 tbsp hoisin
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 c tbsp water + more if too thick
- Grill the seasoned chicken breast until cooked through and no longer pink, set aside
- Let the grilled chicken rest for at least 10 minutes prior to cutting it into chunks
- Cook the rice noodles per package instruction
- Once cooked transfer to an ice bath (to avoid mushy noodles)
- Mix up all ingredients for the peanut sauce, add extra water if it's too thick
- In a large bowl add the carrots, cabbage, red bell pepper, broccoli and green onions, toss to combine
- To the large bowl add the rice noodles, chicken, crushed peanuts and sauce (use half the sauce at first and more to taste)
- Toss everything together
- Garnish individual servings with extra crushed peanuts and sesame seeds
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g