Juicy seasoned chicken in a creamy garlic sun-dried tomato sauce, served with pasta.
This chicken and sun-dried tomato pasta dinner could not be any easier!
Besides boiling your pasta, you make the entire thing in one pan. No fancy techniques, just easy breezy weeknight dinner magic.
The beautiful thing about pasta dishes is that you can take the recipes with a grain of salt. Throw a little or a lot of what you like in it.
I must be on a sun-dried tomato kick because I keep using it in my recipes, remember last week’s Kosmic Karma Mellow Mushroom Pizza Copycat?
I think because it gives a simple dinner a little bit of pizzazz, it has that tangy flavor that adds a lot.
I can pretty much serve anything to my kids if there is chicken and pasta involved. It’s like they are willing to look past whatever else I toss in their bowls as long as there is some pasta and chicken.
Here are 3 reasons why this is the perfect dinner
1. it’s easy to make
2. it’s deliciousssss
3. my kitchen doesn’t look like a bomb went off when I make it — it’s a trend I can’t kick, how about you?
Chicken and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
- 8-10 oz dry pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 c frozen spinach thawed and chopped
- 1/2 c sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- Cook the pasta per package instruction, set aside until ready to use
- Season the chicken breast generously with salt and pepper
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a heavy bottomed pan, heat to medium
- Cook the chicken breasts 6 minutes on each side, or until the center is cooked
- Set aside
- Turn the pan down to low, add the butter, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, stirring
- To the pan add the chicken broth, heavy cream and parmesan cheese
- Bring to a boil and bubble for 2-3 minutes
- Return heat back down to low, add the chicken back to the pot and cover
- Let this cook until the sauce has thickened up
- Toss the pasta into your pan, mix everything up and serve!