Less than a half hour is all you need to whip up this delicious creamy pumpkin ravioli for dinner. Seasoned with fresh rosemary and lots of parmesan cheese, it will be a house favorite!
I am such a sucker for ravioli. Throw in to the mix that it’s pumpkin ravioli, plus it takes next to no time to cook. Sign me up, now! Are you in?
Right after my daughter was born our friend brought us ravioli with pumpkin sauce and a huge loaf of bread. It was seriously the best meal of my life.
I wanted to replicate it exactly. So I got a can of pumpkin, some half and half and herbs and came up with what I think is the most delicious, the most delectable, the most down right mouth watering pumpkin ravioli.
And it only takes 20 minutes!
What’s In Pumpkin Ravioli?
Very few ingredients make up this pumpkin ravioli, but after making it a bajillion times each ingredient plays an important part in making this so good.
- Butter – the base to any good creamy sauce
- Garlic – you’ll want to mince it so you don’t have large pieces
- Nutmeg – add such a nice flavor with the pumpkin, making it a little nutty
- Pumpkin Puree – just a can of plain pumpkin puree
- Half and Half – makes the pumpkin sauce decadent and creamy
- Parmigiano Reggiano – a nutty cheese that makes this taste like you ordered it at a restaurant
- Salt and Pepper – for seasoning and flavor
- Fresh Ravioli – this is in the refrigerated section at the grocery store, frozen works just as well though, but you’ll want to fully cook it prior to adding to the pumpkin sauce
Pumpkin Ravioli Q&A
- Can I sub milk for the half and half? Sure you can! It just won’t be as rich.
- Can you use dried rosemary instead of fresh? I highly recommend fresh but if you are in a pinch and only have dried rosemary you can use it, chop it up even more to help release some of the oils and aroma, and add it the same time you add the nutmeg
- Is parmesan cheese the same as parmigiano reggiano? No. Parmigiano Reggiano is the real deal, whereas parmesan cheese in an imitation of it
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Cheesy Pumpkin Sage Gnocchi
- Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Roll with Silky Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Watch How To Make Pumpkin Ravioli
Make sure to follow the Modern Crumb Board on Pinterest for lots of yummy meal inspiration! And subscribe to the newsletter, below, to get updates when new recipes post.
20 Minute Creamy Pumpkin Ravioli
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp dried nutmeg
- 10 oz pumpkin puree 2/3 a can
- 1 ½ c half & half
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary minced
- ¾ c fresh parmigianno reggiano cheese grated
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh pepper
- 20 oz store bought fresh ravioli cooked per the instructions
- Melt butter in a pan over low heat
- Add the minced garlic and stir, cook for 3-5 minutes to get the garlic nice and fragrant
- Add the nutmeg
- Turn heat up to med/low
- Add the pumpkin puree, stirring
- Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Pour in the half and half, whisking to incorporate
- Add in the fresh rosemary, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper
- Turn heat up to medium and bring it to a low boil
- Once it’s at this point turn heat back down to low
- Pour the cooked ravioli in to the pumpkin sauce, mix and serve