20 minutes is all you need to make this delicious creamy pumpkin ravioli for dinner. Seasoned with fresh rosemary and lots of parmigiano cheese, it will be a house favorite!
I love ravioli! Throw in to the mix that it’s pumpkin ravioli, plus it takes next to no time to cook. Sign me up, now! Are you in?
Right after my daughter was born our friend brought us ravioli with pumpkin sauce and a huge loaf of bread. It was seriously the best dinner of my life.
I wanted to replicate it exactly. So I got a can of pumpkin, some half and half and herbs and came up with what I think is the most delicious, the most delectable, the most down right mouth watering pumpkin ravioli.
And it only takes 20 minutes! So you definitely have time for this.
It’s easy to say that this is, hands down, my most favorite pasta recipe. It just tastes like something you’d get at a nice restaurant!
What’s In Pumpkin Ravioli?
Very few ingredients make up this pumpkin ravioli, but after making it a so many times each ingredient plays an important role in making it so good.
Here’s the list.
- Butter – the base to any good creamy sauce
- Garlic – you’ll want to mince it so you don’t have large pieces
- Nutmeg – add such a nice flavor with the pumpkin, making it a little nutty
- Fresh Rosemary – the rosemary gives the pumpkin a really nice depth of flavor, it compliments it so well, make sure to grab fresh
- Pumpkin Puree – just a can of plain pumpkin puree
- Half and Half – makes the pumpkin sauce decadent and creamy
- Parmigiano Reggiano – a nutty cheese that makes this taste like you ordered it at a restaurant
- Salt and Pepper – for seasoning and flavor
- Fresh Ravioli – this is in the refrigerated section at the grocery store, frozen works just as well though, but you’ll want to fully cook it prior to adding to the pumpkin sauce
- Can I substitute milk for the half and half? Sure you can! It just won’t be as rich and creamy, but a thinner sauce.
- Can you use dried rosemary instead of fresh? I highly recommend fresh but if you are in a pinch and only have dried rosemary you can use it, chop it up even more to help release some of the oils and aroma, and add it the same time you add the nutmeg.
- Is parmesan cheese the same as parmigiano reggiano? No. Parmigiano Reggiano is the real deal, whereas parmesan cheese in an imitation of it, opt for the good stuff to get the best results for the pumpkin sauce
Fall Recipes You’ll Love
- 30 Minute Broccoli Cheddar Soup – so creamy and cheesy, loaded with chunks of broccoli and carrots
- Cheesy Pumpkin Sage Gnocchi – extra cheesy
- Shepherds Pie – savory, full of ground beef and vegetables and topped with a buttery mashed potato
- Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup – the most amazing chicken soup ever, made with carrots, celery and a savory creamy broth
- Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Scones – these scones are soft and tender
- Pumpkin Roll with Silky Cream Cheese Frosting – the best pumpkin roll
- Homemade Chicken and Thyme Dumplings – homemade dumplings are so easy to make in this one pot dinner
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken and Root Vegetables – a lighter, healthy fall dinner
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls – the most delicious cinnamon rolls in the world
Watch The Video How To Make Pumpkin Ravioli
20 Minute Creamy Pumpkin Ravioli
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp dried nutmeg
- 10 oz pumpkin puree 2/3 a can
- 1 ½ c half & half
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary minced
- ¾ c fresh parmigianno reggiano cheese grated
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh pepper
- 20 oz store bought fresh cheese ravioli cooked per the instructions (I like the RANA brand)
- Melt butter in a pan over low heat
- Add the minced garlic and stir, cook for 3-5 minutes to get the garlic nice and fragrant
- Add the nutmeg
- Turn heat up to med/low
- Add the pumpkin puree, stirring
- Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Pour in the half and half, whisking to incorporate
- Add in the fresh rosemary, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper
- Turn heat up to medium and bring it to a low boil
- Once it’s at this point turn heat back down to low
- Pour the cooked ravioli in to the pumpkin sauce, mix and serve
Make sure to follow the Modern Crumb Board on Pinterest for lots of yummy meal inspiration! And subscribe to the newsletter, below, to get updates when new recipes post.
This recipe was originally published on March 10, 2020 – the recipe has stayed the same but has been updated with new photos and video.