20 minutes is all you need to make this delicious creamy pumpkin ravioli for dinner. Seasoned with fresh rosemary and lots of parmigiano cheese, it will be a house favorite!
This recipe was originally published on March 20, 2018 - the recipe has stayed the same but has been updated with new photos and video.
Pumpkin season is the best, we get to enjoy things like pumpkin roll and pumpkin cheesecake. And if you love this pumpkin ravioli recipe then you will also love these stuffed shells with pumpkin cream sauce!!
I love ravioli! Throw in to the mix that it's covered in a pumpkin cream sauce, and takes next to no time to cook. Sign me up, now! Are you in?
The week after my daughter was born our friend brought us ravioli with pumpkin sauce and a huge loaf of bread. It was seriously the best dinner of my life (if you know, you know, right moms??).
I wanted to replicate it exactly. So I got a can of pumpkin, some half and half and herbs and came up with what I think is the most delicious, the most delectable, the most down right mouth watering pumpkin ravioli recipe.
And it only takes 20 minutes! So you definitely have time for this.
Hands down my most favorite fall pasta recipe. It just tastes like something you'd get at a nice restaurant!
Very few ingredients make up this pumpkin ravioli, but after making it a so many times each ingredient plays an important role in making it so good.
Here's the list.
- Butter - the base to any good creamy sauce
- Garlic - you'll want to mince it so you don't have large pieces
- Nutmeg - add such a nice flavor with the pumpkin, making it a little nutty
- Fresh Rosemary - the rosemary gives the pumpkin a really nice depth of flavor, it compliments it so well, make sure to grab fresh
- Pumpkin Puree - just a can of plain pumpkin puree
- Half and Half - makes the pumpkin sauce decadent and creamy
- Parmigiano Reggiano - a nutty cheese that makes this taste like you ordered it at a restaurant
- Salt and Pepper - for seasoning and flavor
- Fresh Ravioli - this is in the refrigerated section at the grocery store, frozen works just as well though, but you'll want to fully cook it prior to adding to the pumpkin sauce
The most labor intensive thing happening in this recipe is making the pumpkin ravioli sauce. It's not hard at all! Then you boil the ravioli and dinner is basically done.
Pumpkin sauce. In a big sauce pan melt the butter with minced garlic and nutmeg and let this saute for 3-5 minutes, so the garlic and nutmeg gets fragrant. Stir in the pumpkin puree and cook another couple minutes.
Whisk in the half and half, fresh rosemary, parmigiano reggiano, salt and pepper. Cook on low, let the flavors come together.
Ravioli. Boil a pot of lightly salted water. Drop in the ravioli and once they are all floating on the top you know they are done.
Usually takes about 4-5 minutes. Make sure to follow the ravioli package instructions. Drain out the water and add it to your pumpkin sauce, stirring everything together.
Serving. To serve, spoon into a bowl with some fresh pepper and parmigiano reggiano on top! Yum!
Did you know? Adding dry herbs to oil or butter infuses them and brings out all the flavor! So the nutmeg needs to be adding during the first step.
You sure can! Just follow the package instruction on cooking them then add to your pumpkin cream sauce like the recipe says to do.
You could, but it won't be as rich and creamy.
I highly recommend fresh but if you are in a pinch and only have dried rosemary you can use it, chop it up even more to help release some of the oils and aroma, and add it the same time you add the nutmeg.
Parmesan cheese in the plastic green tub (kraft) is a fake parmigiano cheese. Parmigiano reggiano is the real stuff, it usually comes in a triangular block or you can buy it pre-shredded. Don't substitute because it won't taste the same.
What To Serve With Pumpkin Ravioli
I actually serve this with peas. Frozen peas that I boil so they are a nice bright green. And a crusty loaf of french bread.
You could also serve this with a simple garden salad.
Fall Recipes You Will Love
- Stuffed Shells With Pumpkin Cream Sauce - Using the exact same sauce as the pumpkin ravioli, but with cheesy stuffed shells!
- 30 Minute Broccoli Cheddar Soup - so creamy and cheesy, loaded with chunks of broccoli and carrots
- Cheesy Pumpkin Sage Gnocchi - extra cheesy
- Shepherds Pie - savory, full of ground beef and vegetables and topped with a buttery mashed potato
- Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup - the most amazing chicken soup ever, made with carrots, celery and a savory creamy broth
- Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Scones - these scones are soft and tender
- Pumpkin Roll with Silky Cream Cheese Frosting - the best pumpkin roll
- Homemade Chicken and Thyme Dumplings - homemade dumplings are so easy to make in this one pot dinner
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken and Root Vegetables - a lighter, healthy fall dinner
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls - the most delicious cinnamon rolls in the world
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp dried nutmeg
- 10 oz pumpkin puree, ⅔ a can
- 1 ½ c half & half
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- ¾ c fresh parmigianno reggiano cheese, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh pepper
- 20 oz store bought fresh cheese ravioli, cooked per the instructions (I like the RANA brand)
- Melt butter in a pan over low heat
- Add the minced garlic and stir, cook for 3-5 minutes to get the garlic nice and fragrant
- Add the nutmeg
- Turn heat up to med/low
- Add the pumpkin puree, stirring
- Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Pour in the half and half, whisking to incorporate
- Add in the fresh rosemary, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper
- Turn heat up to medium and bring it to a low boil
- Once it’s at this point turn heat back down to low
- Pour the cooked ravioli in to the pumpkin sauce, mix and serve
The fresh rosemary makes a big difference, I highly suggest fresh if you can find it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 571mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.