An easy cheesy pumpkin gnocchi dinner that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. A perfect fall dinner that is decadent and savory.
This bowl of cheesy pumpkin sauce on top of gnocchi screams fall! Everyone needs a big bowl of pumpkin sage gnocchi. And I have to know which is your favorite, this or the super popular pumpkin cream sauce ravioli.
Grab a package of pre-made gnocchi from the store and a few simple ingredients.
The cooked gnocchi gets tossed in a glorious butter and sage mixture on the stove. This gives the gnocchi a really delicious flavor.
If this is your first time trying gnocchi you may be wondering what in the world gnocchi actually is. Think of gnocchi as big puffy pieces of a pasta/potato mixture. They are soft, chewy and totally addicting.
How To Prepare Pumpkin Sage Gnocchi
Please make sure to reference the recipe card for the full list of ingredients and the complete instructions. This is just a run down.
Prepare the gnocchi per the package instruction (they boil for some minutes). Drain the gnocchi and add them to a large saute pan (in batches) that you've melted butter and added a few whole sage leaves.
On a medium heat mix the gnocchi around. You want the gnocchi to get some color, so they will start to crisp on the sides.
Take all the gnocchi out of the pan and prepare your pumpkin sauce in that same pan. Then return the gnocchi to the pan, stirring everything together.
- 24 oz boxed gnocchi
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- Sage leaves
- ½ c heavy cream
- 1 c milk
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ c parmigiano reggiano, shredded
- 2 oz fontina cheese, shredded
- 2 oz gruyere cheese, shredded
- Cook the gnocchi per the package instruction, drain them after boiling.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp butter and a few whole sage leaves. In batches, add the gnocchi and cook a few minutes on each side until they get golden and slightly crisp. Set aside each batch to a plate.
- In the same pan add the additional 3 tbsp butter, minced garlic and nutmeg, over low heat. Cook until fragrant.
- Chiffonade a few sage leaves and add to the pan. Stir in the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, milk, salt, pepper, parmigiano reggiano, fontina and gruyere.
- Continue stirring on low until everything is melted and smooth. Stir in the gnocchi, coating them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 469mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 16g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.