Less than an hour is all you need for this easy stovetop gnocchi lasagna! It’s a one bowl kind of family dinner. Filled with potato gnocchi, ground beef, marinara, Italian seasonings, onion, garlic and mozzarella cheese.
As a mom, I know just how important those quick and easy meals can be during a busy week of school and sports!
I can’t get enough of this quick and easy gnocchi lasagna. My family wants it all the time!
The best part about this recipe is making everything in just one pan. Which makes cleanup quick.
By far, this is my favorite recipe using store bought gnocchi.
If you feel daring enough to try and make your own, I have this recipe for white wine shrimp and gnocchi where I give you pretty detailed steps on making it. It’s not hard, just time consuming.
It’s a lot easier to just open up a box of premade gnocchi and start cooking. My favorite is de lallo brand (not sponsored, just love it).
What is Gnocchi?
Gnocchi is classified as an Italian pasta. You find it in the pasta aisle. It’s a soft little pasta dumpling that most popularly is made out of flour, egg and potato.
However there are all sorts of different varieties and methods to making gnocchi. You’ll definitely find the potato gnocchi at the grocery store.
It’s like a little pillow of fluffy goodness. I love them.
It’s delicious in this creamy chicken gnocchi soup. Which also uses store bought potato gnocchi.
Another thing that trips us all up is how to pronounce gnocchi. You can’t go wrong with the popular pronunciation, ‘nyo-kee’.
What’s In Gnocchi Lasagna?
You’ll find this recipe super quick, with minimal ingredients. Here are a few notes about just some of the ingredients in this recipe.
- ground beef – I like to use a 90/10 fat ratio for most recipes, there is less grease you’ll have to spoon out
- onion – you can use yellow or white, I prefer a sweet yellow onion in most recipes
- marinara – the recipe calls for 28 oz, this is one large marinara jar or you’ll need two of the 14 oz jars
- mozzarella cheese – opt for a ball of mozzarella that you have to grate, pre-grated mozzarella usually has a coating on it and doesn’t melt as well
- fresh basil – you don’t have to use fresh basil, but I like to add some chopped fresh basil on top of my gnocchi
It just doesn’t get any easier! Except, if you make this tortellini lasagna soup or Tara’s easy stovetop lasagna, those are both equally quick and easy to prepare. Both are also lasagna spinoff recipes.
How To Make Stovetop Gnocchi Lasagna
Goodness, this couldn’t get any easier. You’ll love how fast you can throw together this dinner.
- brown the ground beef, making sure to drain off excess grease
- add in the onion, garlic and seasonings
- pour in the marinara and simmer
- add the gnocchi, simmer a second time
- stir in the mozzarella
- garnish and serve
More Quick and Easy Recipes
I get it. You just got home from your kids soccer practice and the last thing you want to do is make dinner. On those days try for something really easy, or you can prep, like this sheet pan steak totchos, one pot mexican beef and rice or oven sausage, peppers and onions.
You can see a full list of all my quick and easy recipes here.
Easy Stovetop Gnocchi Lasagna
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 28 oz marinara sauce
- 4 oz mozzarella shredded or sliced
- 1/4 c fresh Parmigiano reggiano grated
- 24 oz potato gnocchi
- optional: fresh basil
- Brown the ground beef in a large saute pan, drain off excess grease
- Add to the pan the olive oil, onion, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Stir in the marinara
- Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes
- Stir in the potato gnocchi, cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle on the parmigiano reggiano
Did you make this recipe? Please leave your review in the comments below!