This sheet pan sausage, peppers and onions could not get any easier! Dress it up with some provolone to make it extra cheesy or leave it off for a lighter dinner.
This recipe was originally published 07/13/20.
This dinner is what dinner dreams are made of.
This recipe cooks up so fast.
You need to make sure you don't start it too soon because before you know it, it's ready!
What Do You Need To Make Sheet Pan Sausage, Peppers and Onions?
Here's everything you need for this dinner.
A sheet pan, mild Italian sausages, bell peppers, yellow onions, olive oil, salt and pepper.
The full list.
It's that ridiculously easy recipe you can make on repeat all summer long without messing up your kitchen.
How To Make Oven Sausage, Peppers and Onions
Making sausage peppers and onions in the oven could not be any easier.
Here's what you need to do.
Slice up the bell peppers and onions and toss them on a sheet pan.
And don't forget to line your sheet pan with parchment paper so it doesn't stick.
After you've done that drizzle on some olive oil, salt and pepper and use your hands to toss everything together. You'll want to get a jump start on cooking the vegetables, so these go in for 10 minutes, first.
Then, after 10 minutes is up, you'll add the mild Italian sausages to the pan, just scoot the peppers over a little to make room. It doesn't need to be neat or pretty.
When the sausages are done cooking (no longer pink in the middle) take the sheet pan out of the oven and slice up the sausages.
Now you can wait 10 minutes so you don't lost a lot of the juices that make them nice and tender.
Add on the provolone cheese and bake this until it has just melted.
How To Tell When The Sausages Are Cooked
If you want to take the guesswork out of cooking the sausages, than I super highly suggest using thermometer with a probe that you can insert into one of the sausage links and monitor the temperature on the outside of your oven.
This way you aren't cutting in to the sausage and letting all of the juice out only to find out it's not cooked and still pink in the middle.
These little thermometers come with a tethering cord, so one end is a probe which goes in to the meat and the other end attaches to a digital screen that you leave on the outside of the oven, mine is magnetized so it magnets right on to my oven door.
But the main point is it's a real time saver.
Summer Recipe Guide
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta - a fan favorite, a mildly spicy shrimp pasta
- Caesar Salad Pizza - a light summer pizza perfect for sharing and enjoying with a glass of white wine
- Chimichurri Steak and Vegetable Salad - a main course salad that will fill you up
- Slow Cooker Buttery Lemon Steak Bites - tender steak with bursting tomatoes and a yummy butter citrus sauce
- Lemon Poppyseed Pound Cake - the perfect summer treat
- Frozen Strawberry Margaritas - 5 minute blended icy cold strawberry margaritas
Make sure to follow the Modern Crumb Board on Pinterest for lots of yummy meal inspiration!
And subscribe to the newsletter, below, to get updates when new recipes post.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausages
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 sweet yellow onion, small
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- optional: provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Cut the bell peppers and onion into strips
- Add these to the sheet pan in a pile
- Drizzle olive oil and some pinches of salt and pepper on top
- Use your hands to toss the vegetables
- Scatter the peppers and onions around the pan
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Take the pan out of the oven, scoot the vegetables over
- Place the sausages on the sheet pan and poke a few holes on the top with a knife
- Put the pan bake in the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes
- (internal temperature of the sausages reaches 175)
- Take the pan out of the oven
- Slice up the sausages and return them to the pan
- Top with some provolone cheese and bake until melted
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 980mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 24g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.