Tender bites of steak cooked in a slow cooker, served up with crispy potato squares, juicy tomatoes, red onion and a buttery lemon sauce.
Before you get too crazy about this being a slow cooker dinner, it’s just a partial slow cooker dinner.
I thought you deserved some fair warning.
The meat goes in the slow cooker to cook low and slow all day, when it’s time to prepare dinner you still have to get the potatoes crispy in the oven, which is super simple. So I take that back, get crazy and get excited!
First off, if you have a mini crockpot you’ll want to use that. If you plan on doubling or tripling this recipe then go ahead and use a normal sized one.
But all you need is the mini one since the only thing that will be in there is two pounds of chuck roast. Did you know that you should be filling a slow cooker up at least half way?
And that infamous delicious smell when you have something in there. Like when this pot roast french onion soup cooks, sometimes I just want to dig right in straight out of the slow cooker!
When it’s all done it gets dressed in butter and lemon juice, which is just on a whole other level!
Crisping up the potatoes is quite simple. You just cut them into thin squares or rectangles, whatever you can manage. Then pop them into the oven. You can toss on the cherry tomatoes and red onion near the end.
Baking them in the oven makes them all warm and delicious.
Easy Beef Main Dishes You’ll Love!
Slow Cooker Buttery Lemon Steak Bites
- 2 lb chuck roast
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 russet potato
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 tsp beef bouillon
- 2 tbsp butter
- Cut up the roast into small pieces
- Season with salt and pepper
- Sear in a pan with olive oil
- Transfer to a small crockpot along with the 1/2 c water and 1/2 tsp beef bouillon, on low for 8 hours
- Peel the potato, slice into “coin” shapes about 1/2 inch thick
- Cut these into bite size pieces
- Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika
- Scatter the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Roast in a 425 oven for 6-8 minutes
- Toss cherry tomatoes and red onion with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Remove the pan from the oven and put the tomatoes and red onion on
- Roast for 6-8 minutes
- Strain the liquid from the crock pot, add it to a stock pot (discarding fat) add to this 2 tbsp of butter and lemon juice
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat
- Transfer the liquid back to the crockpot and cover until the vegetables are done
- Serve everything together in a bowl
More Great Recipes.
This recipe is part of the slow cooker collection. Go find some more favorites!