Tender cuts of beef, crisp broccoli all swirled around the most delicious sauce! All you need is 30 minutes for this beef and broccoli recipe. We're skipping the frying, making this a skinny lower calorie dish.
This skinny beef and broccoli noodles is a serious favorite at our house. Especially my husband. You just can't go wrong with the classics.
For this recipe I chose to go the "skinny" recipe route, meaning I don't deep fry the meat, its just dusted with a scant bit of cornstarch and then cooked in a pan.
No oil immersion!
And the best part? It's amazing! But would I offer up anything I thought wasn't amazing? No way.
All you need is 30 minutes for what I think is the best beef and broccoli noodles.
It's pretty darn easy. I use sirloin for the beef because it's fairly inexpensive and turns out nice and tender. It's a good middle road choice.
I also use oyster sauce, which you can get in your asian section of the grocery store, it's a little glass jar. It makes a lot of difference in my opinion, oyster sauce has a distinct flavor.
And as gross as you may think oyster sauce sounds, combined with everything it's just something you don't want to leave out.
All in all you can never go wrong with making asian takeout at home! If you have 30 minutes to spare than you definitely need to try this skinny beef and broccoli noodles!
Recipes You May Like
- Easy and Healthy Asian Chicken Salad
- The Best Skinny Orange Chicken
- Mongolian Beef That's Better Than Takeout
- Honey Sesame Chicken
- Baked Cream Cheese Wontons
- 1 lb petite sirloin
- 2 packets ramen noodles, discard the seasoning packet
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- green onions
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 c beef broth
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- Slice the beef thinly against the grain, slightly at an angle and dust 1/2 tbsp cornstarch and some pepper over it
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add a drizzle of oil to the pan
- Cook the beef in 2 batches, transfer to a plate
- Combine the 'sauce' ingredients
- Add the sauce ingredients and chopped broccoli to the pan, with the heat on low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes
- Return the cooked beef to the pan, bring to a low boil and turn the heat off - cover again
- Boil some water in a separate pan and cook the ramen noodles, they only take a couple minutes - don't overcook or they will get mushy!
- Put the ramen noodles in a bowl and top with the beef and broccoli and some green onion
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 1701mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.