One pan oven juicy mesquite chicken fajitas with sautéed onions and bell peppers, all wrapped in corn tortillas and served with limes and cilantro.
An easy 30 minute one pan chicken fajitas dinner that everyone has time for, without sacrificing quality and flavor.
Before kids, Mike and I used to love to go out for fajitas and margaritas. We got the exact same fajitas every time too, because they were always SO good.
I love when you order fajitas and they come out sizzling and smoking hot. It’s all about that experience when you go out, right?
The experience you’ll get when making these mesquite one pan chicken fajitas at home is that they are AH-MAZING and seriously so easy.
Everything is cooked in one pan. I know you guys are so excited about this. Less dishes, less mucking about.
And you serve it straight from the pan in to some corn tortillas.
When they pan comes out of the oven you’ll notice a bit of liquid in the bottom (see above photos) and don’t be alarmed.
This is good.
Transfer the chicken to a cutting board, chop it all up and put it back in the pan and the chicken will absorb all the juice and flavor – so amazing.
You are going to LOVE these fajitas!!
(if you are making this for a bigger group then double everything, this feeds 4 comfortably)
southwest recipes to try
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas With Elote (Mexican Street Corn) – These are seriously amazing, the Mexican street corn is out of this world
- Skillet Carnitas Nachos – A quick and easy carnitas nacho recipe
- Easy Southwest Steak Frites and Guacamole – Tender steak, wedge cut seasoned fries, guacamole and and all covered in jack cheese
- Skillet Chicken Jalapeño Cream Cheese Enchiladas – A bit quicker than rolled up enchiladas
- Short Rib Enchiladas With Tomatillo Sauce – The tomatillo sauce is so easy to make, or you can use a jar if you want
- Freezer Friendly Chicken Tortilla Soup – the best freezer friendly chicken tortilla soup, this stuff is amazing
- Baked Elote Chicken Taquitos – Mexican street corn (elote) and juicy chicken all in a baked taquito, you have to try these!
One Pan Oven Mesquite Chicken Fajitas
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 c sunflower oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 400
- Slice up all the bell peppers and onions
- Mix the oil and seasonings together in a bowl
- Use half the seasoning to brush on to all sides of the chicken, use the other half to toss the peppers and onions in
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat, drizzle a little oil in it and sear both sides of the seasoned chicken breast, set the chicken aside on a plate
- Turn the heat down to medium, add the bell peppers and onions and saute for 3-5 minutes (add a pinch of salt on top to help caramelize)
- Bring the chicken back to the pan, cover and cook in the oven for 20 minutes
- Take the pan out of the oven, cut up the chicken, put it back in the pan and mix with the juice
- Serve with corn tortillas, limes and cilantro