This chicken pot pie soup is filled with all your favorite classic pot pie ingredients; celery, carrots, corn, peas and juicy shredded chicken. It has a special twist being that it's topped with fluffy, flaky, buttermilk biscuits.
If you are thinking this recipe looks a bit familiar then you are correct. It's a variation of my chicken pot pie soup. The difference is that one is made with pie crust crumbles and this one is topped with my popular buttermilk biscuits.
Both are delicious, just some people may like biscuits on top and others may like a pot pie crust on top.
Either way, it will be a family favorite. My kids love this one.
Here is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need to make this soup. For the full list of ingredients, the amounts and directions please see the recipe card below.
- chicken breast
- olive oil
- frozen corn
- frozen peas
- chicken broth
- better than bouillon chicken base
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper
For this chicken pot pie soup you will use this buttermilk biscuit recipe. With a few little tweaks.
I've found that using a 2 ¼" makes perfect little biscuits for this soup. You can add 1-2 biscuits to each bowl and it be perfect.
You are going to half the recipe.
Instead of 4 cups flour you will only use 2 cups. Otherwise you will have a ton of biscuits!
More Soup Recipes
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Loaded Baked Potato Chowder
- Creamy Lasagna Cheese Tortellini Soup
- Alphabet Soup
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Minestrone Soup
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ c frozen corn
- ½ c frozen peas
- 6 c chicken broth
- 1 tsp better than bouillon chicken base
- ⅓ c heavy cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Biscuit recipe linked in notes
- Using this biscuit recipe, prepare only half the recipe amount. Use a 2 ¼” biscuit cutter.
- Cook the chicken breast via your preferred method. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 400 degrees or in the instant pot for 17 minutes, no slow release.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter. Once the butter has melted stir in the diced onion, diced celery and diced carrots. Sauté the vegetables for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook an additional minute, stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth until combined. To the pot add the frozen corn, frozen peas and better than bouillon chicken base. Bring this to a boil, stirring ocasionally so no clumps form.
- Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, salt and pepper. Add the shredded chicken in. Spoon into individual bowls and top with 1-2 biscuits.
Nutrition facts do not include the biscuits, just the soup alone. Refer to the biscuits recipe page for those nutrition facts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 1066mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 24g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.