Sticky sweet and spicy asian zing wings with green onions and sesame seeds. You'll be licking your fingers clean just to get a bit more of this delicious sticky zing wing sauce.
They go perfect with this easy and healthy asian chicken salad recipe.
I love wings. Do you?
I don't think I've ever met anyone that doesn't love wings! And to be quite frank, asian wings are THE BEST.
And these sticky asian zing wings are no different.
Forget that jarred asian wing sauce. This homemade zing sauce is so easy to make, it only requires a few ingredients.
How to Bake Crispy Chicken Wings
Preparing the chicken wings is easy. I have a fool proof method that always works for me.
Honestly, I don't even do anything fancy to get them perfect.
These baked wings always turn out juicy in the middle and crispy on the outside! So put away at that fryer, you can't get perfect wings in the oven.
I bake them at 400 degrees and just line them up on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
Chicken Wings Seasoning
I'm not sure if you count this as a trick but the only seasoning I ever put on my wings prior to baking, is pepper. No salt, no cornstarch, no nothing. Just pepper.
Have you ever heard that salt pulls out moisture?
I mean, I salt plenty of things and then put it in the oven and don't really notice but for some reason I've never salted these.
Call it laziness.
Most of the time I just want to get them in. And I always figured they'd get sauce on them later so no point in seasoning these tiny little wings.
What's In Asian Zing Wing Sauce
Here's what you'll need for the asian zing sauce.
- rice wine vinegar - this is different than white vinegar, rice wine vinegar is found in the asian aisle at the supermarket
- honey - the honey makes it sweet and sticky
- sambal olek - this is a spicy red chili sauce, it comes in a small jar and a little goes a long way
- water - to thin the sauce
- garlic - fresh garlic, for flavor
- ginger powder - for flavor
- lime - squeeze this on top for an extra zing
Once the wings are out of the oven you'll want to toss them in the sauce right away, it will really stick as it cools!
If you want to dress them up - toss in some chopped green onion and sesame seeds, personally I think they aren't complete without it. Like in this mongolian beef recipe, you just need them.
But if you ask my husband he'd pass on the green onions every time.
And don't forget that squeeze of fresh lime juice in the recipe, it gives it a nice zing. Needed. Necessary.
Favorite Take Out Dinners To Make At Home
- Crispy Baked Cream Cheese Wontons - the best cream cheese wontons without being fried
- Skinny Beef and Broccoli Noodles - a quick and easy beef and broccoli recipe using ramen noodles
- Spicy Korean Chicken and Rice Bowls - spicy Korean chicken, bell peppers, pear slices and green beans
- Skinny Orange Chicken - a lighter version of the classic
- Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Salad - a really yummy asian inspired salad, with lots of vegetables and juicy chicken with a homemade peanut sauce
- Grilled Honey Garlic Chicken - perfect with rice or noodles,
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sambal olek
- 2 tbsp water + more to thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 lime
- optional garnishes: green onions, sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and a spritz of cooking spray
- Pat dry the chicken wings and line them up on the parchment paper, so they aren't touching
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until they look crispy and golden
- To a sauce pan, add the rice wine vinegar, honey, samba ole, water, minced garlic and ginger
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes, whisking
- Turn the heat to low and squeeze in some fresh lime juice (about 1/4 of a lime), sauce will thicken
- Remove the wings from the oven and immediately toss in the sticky ginger sauce
- Serve with some sliced green onions and sesame seeds on top
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Did you make this recipe? Please leave your review in the comments below!