These sweet and spicy honey garlic chicken thighs are an incredibly easy 15 minute dinner! You can grill the chicken on an outdoor grill or inside with a stovetop grill pan, either way this dinner is a breeze to whip up. The homemade honey garlic sauce is delicious!
This recipe was originally published may 28, 2018.
I am obsessed with this honey garlic chicken. Not only because it is insanely easy to make but mostly because it transforms the simplest chicken dinner to something extra special.
Grill the chicken, make the sauce, eat dinner. So easy.
Adults love it. Kids love it. Grandparents love it. I'm seeing a trend. You can pair it with a bunch of different things too. Usually I go for a jasmine rice or an asian salad.
Honey Garlic Sauce
To make the sauce you'll need water, honey, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha, minced garlic and some salt and pepper.
Cook the sauce in a small saucepan on your stove. Once the sauce it done cooking, it still may look a little thin but don't worry!
It will thicken up and once you start brushing it on the chicken something magical happens and it gets thicker.
It has just a splash of sriracha, not too much to have your mouth catch on fire but just enough for a little kick. It's mild enough for kids.
- 1 1/2 lb chicken thighs
- ¼ c water
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- optional garnishes: sesame seeds, green onions
- Season chicken with a few pinches of salt and pepper
- Cook on an outdoor grill at 450 degrees, use a meat thermometer for accurate readings, about 3-4 minutes on each side
- Remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes before cutting
- Add the honey, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha and garlic to a small sauce pan
- Bring this to a boil, whisking then reduce the heat it will get thicker as it cools The sauce will thicken as it cools slightly
- Brush over chicken thighs, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 218mgSodium: 627mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 42g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.