Sweet and spicy honey garlic chicken that is way too delicious and easy to make!
I am obsessed with this honey garlic chicken. Not only because it is immensely easy to make but mostly because it transforms the simplest chicken dinner to something extra special. Grill the chicken, make the sauce, eat dinner. So easy.
Adults love it. Kids love it. Grandparents love it. I’m seeing a trend. You can pair it with a bunch of different things too. Usually I go for a jasmine rice or an asian salad.
Once the sauce it done cooking, it still may look a little thin but don’t worry! It will thicken up and once you start brushing it on the chicken something magical happens and it gets thicker. It has just a splash of sriracha, not too much to have your mouth catch on fire but just enough for a little kick. It’s mild enough for kids.
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1 1/2 lb chicken thighs
- ¼ c water
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper
- optional garnishes: sesame seeds green onions
- Season chicken with a few pinches of salt and pepper
- Grill on a grill pan or outdoor grill until cooked through
- Remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes before cutting
- Add the honey, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha and garlic to a small sauce pan
- Bring to a boil, whisking for 2-3 minutes
- Turn heat off and let the sauce cool, it will get thicker as it cools
- The sauce will thicken as it cools slightly
- Brush over chicken thighs, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions