This chimichurri steak dinner is so easy to make! Tender flat iron steak and a homemade chimichurri sauce partner up in this easy weeknight meal. With just a few steps you have a healthy dinner to feed your family!
This chimichurri steak and vegetable salad is another favorite.
This easy 30 minute chimichurri steak is the perfect easy meal to feed your family during the week.
It requires little prep and can be on the table quickly.
You can serve it with so many different things, like a simple salad or a vegetable. Maybe some crispy homemade oven fries.
The nights when you just don’t feel like cooking but know you shouldn’t order takeout, this is a great option.
All you need is a flat iron steak and few ingredients to make the chimichurri sauce.
What Is Chimichurri?
Chimichurri is a sauce that originally hails from Argentina. It’s made up of parsley, olive oil, garlic, vinegar and chili flakes. It goes really well on grilled meat!
And can you say healthy. It’s such a healthy sauce.
If you’ve never made chimichurri sauce, you are in for a treat.
It’s herby, tangy and has a little garlic bite. It’s very fresh and vibrant. It takes less than 10 minutes to make and I prep it while my steak is getting ready to cook.
Cooking The Flat Iron Steak
Flat iron steak is a diamond in the rough, it’s a hidden gem of a cut. You may know its cousins, skirt steak and flank steak.
I don’t know if they are cousins but they are all in the same section in the meat department and they all take on the same long, thin form.
What I like so much about the flat iron steak is that it has virtually no fat on it. Here’s the kicker, it’s so tender.
Little fat, super tender, it’s a slam dunk in my book.
Because it’s a thin cut of meat it doesn’t take very longer. Which is why it’s the perfect choice for this 30 minute dinner. If you have one of those stovetop grill pans, that’s perfect for cooking this.
Since this recipe is so simple you want to pay attention to seasoning the steak well and getting a nice crust on the edges.
Sometimes the easiest meals are the most delicious, but they do take some thought.
Have you ever gone to a steak house and thought why isn’t my steak this good? Well there are a lot of reasons, but the biggest one you have control over is how you season it.
Proper seasoning can make (or break) a meal.
More 30 Minute Recipes
- Easy Stovetop Gnocchi Lasagna
- 20 Minute Creamy Pumpkin Ravioli
- Oven Sausage Peppers and Onions Sheet Pan Meal
- Sheet Pan Steak Totchos
- Grilled Honey Garlic Chicken
- Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Drums
30 Minute Chimichurri Steak
- 1 1/2 lb flat iron steak
- olive oil
- 1/2 c curly parsley chopped
- 1/4 c cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Season the flat iron steak generously with salt and pepper
- Heat an indoor grill pan or saute pan over medium heat
- Drizzle a little olive oil on your pan
- Cook the steak for 8 minutes on the first side, flip and cook until it’s done to your preference
- Combine the parsley, cilantro, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, olive oil and red pepper flakes in a bowl
- Add a few pinches of salt and pepper, stir everything together
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for at least 10 minutes
- Cut into strips, against the grain, and top with the chimichurri sauce
Did you make this recipe? I’d love for you to leave a review! Scroll all the way down to the comment box.