These oven baked chicken drumsticks are super easy to throw together! They are juicy, buttery and you need to make them right away.
Chicken drumsticks are seriously one of the easiest meals to make. For me, this is the bees knees.
When cooked right chicken is so enjoyable, seriously though, what is worse than dry as the desert chicken?
Well, there’s probably a lot of things, but that’s beside the point!
This basic buttermilk and seasoned chicken will blow your mind, it’s so juicy and flavorful, you can pair it with a whole laundry list of side dishes, like crispy sweet potato fries.
If I asked you wants the best part about chicken drums my guess is first you would say that the chicken is nice and juicy but second (and obviously) it would be crispy skin.
You’ll want to bake the chicken at 400 degrees and this ensures a nice browned outside and a juicy inside.
It’s pretty disappointing when you bake a chicken that has skin and it comes out of the oven soft, so make sure to leave it in the oven until it’s got some nice darkness to it.
You’ve only burnt the chicken if its black, so don’t be afraid of getting some color!
All this goodness starts with a buttermilk marinade.
The chicken soaks in a buttermilk bath for at least an hour in a plastic bag with some basic spices. The flavors meld and the buttermilk works it’s magic on the chicken, giving you that super tender bite.
My super special secret for extra mouth watering chicken drums is…
A little toss in some melted butter, salt and chopped parsley as soon as they come out of the oven. So amazing.
What To Serve With Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
- Caesar Salad Pizza
- Easy and Healthy Asian Chicken Salad – leave out the chicken from the recipe and serve it with the drumsticks for a full dinner!
Make sure to follow the Modern Crumb Board on Pinterest for lots of yummy meal inspiration! And subscribe to the newsletter, below, to get updates when new recipes post.
Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 10 chicken drumsticks 2 packages
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- handful of chopped parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Measure out the buttermilk and olive oil in a measuring cup
- Add in the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika, swirl it around
- Put the chicken drums in a resealable plastic bag along with the liquid
- Shake it all around
- Refrigerate for at least an hour
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange the chicken drums on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, shaking off any excess liquid
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
- In a large bowl add the melted butter, chopped parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Take the hot chicken and add it directly to the butter mixture, tossing