These s’mores cookie bars are the next best thing to a backyard campfire roast. All the same great flavors but less prep work. Loaded with chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, graham crackers and marshmallows. It’s just like taking a big bite out of an ooey gooey s’mores.
I want you to think of the most amazing cookies you’ve ever had. Got it?
Now, forget about it.
These easy s’mores cookie bars are your new favorite dessert!
All your favorite ingredients, marshmallows, white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips and chunks of graham crackers.
To get that real-life s’mores taste I took out a portion of the flour and replaced it with graham crackers, then pulsed it finely in my food processor.
Cookies will never be the same. This is the way it’s just meant to be my friends, the graham cracker base is amazing.
When I think of s’mores I think of sitting around a campfire, telling stories, singing songs and enjoying the company of my fellow marshmallow roasters.
But when you can’t make that fire this is the next best thing.
Even the girl scouts have a s’mores cookie now, so you know we are on to something here!
What’s In A S’mores Cookie Bar
Here’s all the yummy extras inside of these cookies that give them that true s’mores flavor
- graham crackers, pulsed – these get mixed in to the flour, we sub a bit of flour for pulsed graham crackers so they cookies really taste like a s’mores
- graham crackers, crumbled – big chunks of graham crackers so you get a big bite of one
- white chocolate chips – these give the cookies a nice sweetness
- semi sweet chocolate chips – no s’mores is complete without chocolate
- mini marshmallows – for the ooey gooey marshmallow goodness
Baking With Marshmallows
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve tried making cookies with marshmallows, it’s a lot!
Honestly, it just doesn’t always work, it can turn into a big glob of gooey marshmallow mess all over your cookie sheet.
I will say that my Mad Scientist Cookies actually stay in good form, these are the exception and some type of miracle.
If you think about a marshmallow, roasting over an open flame, it puffs up and expands. So when you bake them in the oven it’s the exact same way.
Can I make these like a drop cookie? No, because the marshmallows will expand and be all over the baking sheet. Cooking them in a square pan allows the marshmallows to expand without getting stuck to the bottom of a cookie sheet.
Can I sub different chocolate chips? Of course! Get creative.
Can I make this gluten free? With gluten free alternatives to the flour and graham crackers, you can. I’ve had multiple friends have success in making these gluten free.
More Yummy Cookies
- Oreo Funfetti Sprinkle Sugar Cookies – these are so much fun, you can make them for any themed holiday
- Extra Soft and Chewy Monster Cookies – full of oats, creamy peanut butter, chocolate chips and extra m&m’s
- Rocky Road Cookie Bars – if you love rocky road ice cream you’ll want to make these
- S’mores Cookies – when you can’t make real life s’mores over a bonfire this is the next best thing!
- Chewy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – if you love peanut butter these are filled with it, creamy peanut butter and peanut butter chips
- Mad Scientist M&M’s Oreo Cookie Bars – there are so many treats in these cookie bars, mms, oreo’s and marshmallows
- Caramel Apple White Chocolate Blondies – reminiscent of a fall favorite treat, the caramel apple
S’mores Cookie Bars
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c graham crackers about 5 crackers
- 1 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 c white chocolate chips
- 1/3 c semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 c mini marshmallows
- 2 graham crackers rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper
- Using a mini food processor add the 1/2 c graham crackers and pulse until the consistency is fine, like flour
- Cream butter and sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes
- Add the vanilla and egg, mixing
- Use a fine mesh colander to sift the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt and baking soda over the bowl
- Add the white chocolate chips, semi sweet chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and the 2 graham crackers that were rough chopped
- Mix on low speed until just combined
- Spread the batter evenly into the lined baking pan, pressing the batter down evenly
- Bake for 20-22 minutes
- Let cool on a wire rack for 1 hour prior to cutting
- Remove the cookies by lifting up on the parchment paper
- Set it on a cutting board and cut into squares