These monster cookies are extra yummy! Made with creamy peanut butter, oats, colorful m&m's and chocolate chips. Just one cookie is never enough because they are so good. These are soft cookies with a chewy center.
This recipe was first published on June 1, 2020.
This recipe for monster cookies goes so fast every time we make them. We just can't keep them around because everyone loves them!
If you've never had a monster cookie they are full of oats, creamy peanut butter, chocolate chips and extra m&m's.
They are seriously the best!
I think it has to do mostly with how colorful and fun they are, all those m&m's just draw you in.
What makes these special is the perfect balance between oatmeal, peanut butter, m&m's and chocolate chips. They aren't overly oatmeal, or overly peanut butter. It's a subtle balance of everything, so each bite is super satisfying.
They actually remind me a lot of the mad scientist m&m oreo cookie bars my son dreamt up a few years ago. But this recipe for chewy monster cookies is definitely softer and chewier.
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- creamy peanut butter - needs to be a no stir creamy peanut butter
- all purpose flour
- quick oats
- baking soda
- kosher salt - I use kosher salt in all my recipes, if you are using table salt you will need to decrease the amount of salt in this recipe
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- m&m candies
How To Make Monster Cookies
Start with room temperature ingredients, the butter, peanut butter and egg should be at room temperature.
Get your oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cream the butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Stir in the peanut butter. Mix in the vanilla and one egg. Stir together all the dry ingredients; flour, quick oats, baking soda and salt. Stir this in to the wet ingredients.
Mix in the chocolate chips. If you are using a stand mixer then switch over to a spoon or spatula to mix in the m&m's so they don't get crushed.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Using a 1 ½ tbsp cookie scoop (or just a big mounded tablespoon) roll the dough into balls and space them out on the cookie sheet.
Press some extra m&ms on top of the cookie dough balls. It looks prettier this way, but optional.
Bake for 10 minutes. The bottom will be golden and the tops will look under baked, which is what you want. Press a few chocolate chips into the top of the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven.
If you want a flatter cookie you can squish the cookie down a bit with your spatula. Pressing. the chocolate chips in also squishes the cookies down a bit.
The secret to perfectly soft chewy monster cookies is really easy.
I feel like I hyped that up to be more impressive. But really, under baking your cookies is the secret to a soft and chewy cookie.
Think about what happens when you bake them a bit too long, the timer went off and you were off settling the great debate on who had what toy first.
You go to eat one of those "I didn't hear the timer" cookies the next day and they are so ridiculously dry.
So set your timer a minute or two shorter. Or in this case i've already taken care of that in my timing below.
If you are not all about extra soft and chewy cookie perfection, then add a minute or two.
More Cookie Recipes
- S'mores Cookies - when you can't make real life s'mores over a bonfire this is the next best thing!
- Chewy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars - If you love peanut butter these are filled with it, creamy peanut butter and peanut butter chips
- Mad Scientist M&M's Oreo Cookie Bars - There are so many treats in these cookie bars, mms, oreos and marshmallows
- Caramel Apple White Chocolate Blondies - reminiscent of a fall favorite treat, the caramel apple
- ½ c butter
- ½ c white sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c no stir creamy peanut butter
- 1 c all purpose flour
- ½ c quick oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ c semi sweet chocolate chips + a handful more after baking
- ½ c mms + a handful more after baking
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream the butter, white sugar and brown sugar together for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl
- Stir in the peanut butter
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl stir together the flour, oats, baking soda and salt
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet
- Mix in the chocolate chips and m&m’s
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop out 1 ½ tbsp of cookie dough and form into a bowl, place them on the cookie sheet with space between each cookie dough ball
- Press 1 or 2 m&m’s on top of each cookie
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Upon removal from the oven, press a couple chocolate chips on the top of each cookie, this also helps to flatten the cookie a bit more
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack
Use a no-stir creamy peanut butter for best results.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.