The most amazing soft and chewy oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip bars! Filled with creamy peanut butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. This quick and easy dessert is so simple to whip up!
These peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal bars are fantastic!! If you love oatmeal cookies then you will love these. And if you love peanut butter cookies you are going to flip for these oatmeal peanut butter bars.
They are everything you'd hope for in a cookie bar. Thick, super chewy and beyond easy and to make.
All you need to make them is a square baking pan, since these are cookie bars. Cookie bars are always the way to go, that way they are extra chewy and thick!
These s'mores cookie bars are another big time favorite. They taste just like a real s'mores! And it's the same square baking pan method.
How Do You Get Cookie Bars to Be Chewy and Not Dry?
My best tip for baking cookies or cookie bars is to bake them just a minute or two shy of being done.
The reason why: cookies continue to bake even out of the oven.
So if you want chewy cookies, under bake them every so slightly.
Another chewy cookie secret is by baking them in a pan vs drop cookie. There are less edges when you bake cookie bars, so the cookies hold more moisture, hence more chewy deliciousness.
What type of Oats Do I use?
You'll want to use regular run of the mill old fashioned rolled oats for these oatmeal cookies. I would stay away from the steel cut oats and quick oats.
Rolled oats absorb liquid better than steel cut and using quick oats would give you a different texture.
Since quick oats cook a lot faster than old fashioned, the oats could disintegrate into the cookie and just get mushy.
Traditional rolled oats. Avoid steel cut and instant oats.
You could try but I haven't tried making these as a drop cookie so I wouldn't be able to advise if it works or not.
It can make as many as you like. It depends on how big you cut the cookies. These make perfect large cookie bars or cute little mini cookie squares for just a little treat.
More amazing cookie bars to try
- Caramel Apple White Chocolate Blondie Bars - if you love caramel apples, these are the bars for you!
- Dark Chocolate Chip Ginger Bookies
- Coffee Cake Bars With Streusel Topping - tastes just like a piece of coffee cake, but a convenient bar size
- S'Mores Cookie Bars - an all time favorite
- Mad Scientist M&M's Oreo Cookie Bars - created by a 4 year old, they rock
Chewy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
The chewiest most amazing oatmeal peanut butter bars loaded up with peanut butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. These are so simple to whip up!
- ½ c butter, room temperature
- ½ c white sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- ½ c creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 c flour
- 2 c oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ c peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream together softened butter with white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in the peanut butter, egg and vanilla
- Mix until combined
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt - to this add the oats
- Pour in the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until almost combined but not totally
- Add in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips, mix gently
- Line a square pan with parchment paper
- Scoop the batter into the baking pan and press into all the corners so its even
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, bake a minute or two less than what "done" would be for a chewier cookie bar texture
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for 30 minutes then transfer to a baking rack by lifting up on the parchment paper
- Serve by cutting in to squares!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugar: 23gProtein: 7g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Wow sooo good! Even my kid who barely eats sweets kept going back and sneaking bars ❤️