Mad scientist cookies are just as the name says! It's like a mad scientist dumped all sorts of goodies into a bowl and made cookies. These cookies have m&m's, oreos and marshmallows in them.
Mad scientist cookies are cookie bars filled with marshmallows, oreos and mms. The perfect mishmash of sweets for a special treat.
These mad scientist cookies were such a hit a few weeks ago when my son and I made them. The idea behind them was all him.
We were having a new front door put in, the heavy duty all iron type and it was nonstop noise for hours so I thought a fun distraction would be a good idea.
*updated 5/13/19. We now make them as cookie bars, which is better for the marshmallows!
It pretty much went like this:
Me: Colin do you want to go make cookies? (as if there was any answer but yes)
Colin: yes! cookies! (followed by a rambling of all the flavors he wanted)
Me: What do you want to put in them?
Colin: m&m's! marshmallows! chocolate! cake! sprinkles!
We scoured the pantry for supplies. I had a lot of treats from the previous week, my girlfriends came over and we made caramel apples and watched (talked throughout) Hocus Pocus.
Colin wound up picking out m&m's, mini marshmallows and oreos for the cookies.
It was a shot in the dark if this mixture would work. A few scenarios started running through my head.
First, was that when it bakes it could be a big flat blob of goop.
Second that they would completely stick (story of my life) to the pan and we couldn't pry them out.
Or third I'm not a baker I have no clue what I am doing. In the end, all was good.
I have to tell you...these were awesome! They were chewy and delicious and with each bite you got a little taste of each ingredient.
I kept the oreos pretty chunky, I suggest this.
If you can believe it, we ate the entire batch (with some help from a few friends)! I'm pretty sure I went to boxing that night, working hard for all my cookie eating sins.
More Cookie Recipes
- Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Oreo Funfetti Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- Rocky Road Cookie Bars
- Monster Cookies
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- S'mores Cookie Bars
- 1 stick butter, 8 tbsp
- ⅓ c white sugar
- ⅓ c brown sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 ⅓ c flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ c mini marshmallows
- 4 oreo cookies, chopped coarsely
- ¼ c mini m&ms
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium unit light and fluffy
- Scrape the sides of the bowl
- Add in the egg and vanilla, mix until combined
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients
- Add these to your sugar mixture, along with the marshmallows, m&ms and oreos
- Mix on low just until incorporated.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and fill with the cookie dough, using your hands to spread it to the edges
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cut into squares and serve!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g