These orange almond muffins are irresistible! They are super soft and delicate on the inside with subtle orange flavor, and topped with almond slices for a great flavor and texture. Don't forget to top them with a drizzle of icing.
It's officially spring and these orange almond muffins are just the thing you need for breakfast or brunch on the weekend. They look extra fancy with the layer of sliced almonds on top and swirls of icing. They also have poppyseeds, orange zest and buttermilk in them.
Buttermilk always makes the best baked goods. They turn out soft and perfect.
I would also try out these blueberry crumb muffins.
Make sure to reference the recipe card for the full list of ingredients and directions.
- flavorless oil - think sunflower, canola, vegetable, etc.
- almond extract
- vanilla extract
- orange juice and zest
- all purpose flour
- kosher salt
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sliced almonds
- powdered sugar and water - for the icing
How To Make Orange Almond Muffins
This is the easiest recipe ever! No fancy gadgets needed.
Start by melting the butter in a bowl and stir in the oil, sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract, eggs, buttermilk, orange zest and orange juice.
In a separate bowl stir together (dry ingredients) the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and poppyseeds.
Stir everything together and scoop into muffin liners. Top with sliced almonds.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once the muffins are cooled, drizzle with icing.
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 oz flavorless oil
- 1 c cane sugar
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Splash vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz buttermilk
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 2 c all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- Sliced almonds
- ¼ c Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Melt the butter in a mixing bowl and stir in the oil, sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract, eggs, buttermilk, orange zest and juice.
- Stir together (separate bowl) flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and poppyseeds. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
- Scoop even amounts into a muffin tin with liners, sprinkle sliced almonds on top.
- Bake at 425 for 5 minutes, 375 for 15 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are ready. Mix together the powdered sugar, adding 1 tsp of water at a time until you have a free flowing icing. Once the muffins have cooled, drizzle on the icing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.