This Hawaiian pizza is made with an olive oil base, ham, juicy pineapple and mozzarella cheese. Make your own homemade pizza dough for the best Hawaiian pizza!
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a pizza recipe. Pizza is life, so I don’t know how I let this happen.
And now the moment you’ve been waiting for……Hawaiian pizza!
I thought a classic and timeless Hawaiian pizza was just the thing! It’s probably my favorite type of pizza and I’m a little surprised ive never shared my recipe for it on here.
You can make this homemade pizza dough recipe, it’s super easy!
There’s a lot of debate on whether or not pineapple belongs on pizza and let’s just agree, it does!
Have you ever seen any of those pineapple on pizza memes? They are so funny! But there’s no truth to it because pineapple on pizza is delicious!! Sorry haters.
This Hawaiian pizza starts with an olive oil base. I’ve been on this kick lately and making all my pizza with an olive oil base.
Like this caesar salad pizza. That’s a cold salad on top of a hot baked pizza.
The toppings really become the star when you use olive oil and you get the full flavor of what you’re adding on top.
Full pineapple flavor.
It’s important (super duper) to season the oil base though, salt and pepper does the trick in general but you can add crushed red pepper for some extra spice, garlic powder, or oregano.
On top of that dreamy olive oil base is big pieces of smoky Black Forest ham.
I get this from the deli, I have them slice it up for me.
You can use packaged ham and canadian bacon too.
Easy peasy. So a layer of that yummy ham then a nice big layer of mozzarella and on top go a bit more ham and lots of fresh cut pineapple pieces.
Oh my goodness, I’m so hungry now.
Homemade Pizza Recipes
- Green Vegetable Pesto Garden Pizza – for the veggie lover in your life
- Homemade Pizza Dough – turns out great every time
- Mellow Mushroom Kosmic Karma Copycat – just like the real deal, with sun dried tomatoes, feta and pesto
- Caesar Salad Pizza – a white pizza topped with caesar salad once it’s out of the oven
- Mellow Mushroom Pacific Rim Pizza Copycat – a favorite, pineapple, canadien bacon, bacon and jalapeno
- Bomb BBQ Chicken Pizza – the best BBQ chicken pizza!
Hawaiian Pizza With Olive Oil Base
- 1 dough ball see notes for recipe
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 c mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 lb sliced black forest ham
- 1 c heaping pineapple chunks (more or less depending on how pineapple-y you like it!)
- Preheat the oven to 475
- Generously sprinkle corn meal on a pizza peel
- Stretch the pizza dough into a circle
- Smooth over the olive oil, sprinkle with some of the salt and pepper
- Spread, overlapping, all but one or two pieces of ham
- Top with cheese
- Cut the last few pieces of ham in quarters, put in over the cheese
- Now the pineapple chunks
- A bit of salt and pepper to top it off
- Bake until bubbly and the edges of the crust are golden, 10 minutes or so
- Rest a few minutes than cut into slices
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review!