A ham and pineapple pizza loaded up with mozzarella cheese. But the secret is the light olive oil base and the airy but crisp homemade pizza dough crust.
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a pizza recipe. Pizza is life, so I don’t know how I let this happen.
And now the moment you’ve been waiting for……Hawaiian pizza!
I thought a classic and timeless Hawaiian pizza was just the thing! It’s probably my favorite type of pizza and I’m a little surprised ive never shared my recipe for it on here.
What’s your favorite pizza?
It all starts with an olive oil base. I’ve been on this kick lately and making all my pizza with an olive oil base.
The toppings really become the star this way and you get the full flavor of what you’re adding on top.
It’s important (super duper) to season the oil base though, salt and pepper does the trick in general but you can add crushed red pepper for some extra spice, garlic powder, or oregano.
On top of that dreamy olive oil base is big pieces of smoky Black Forest ham.
I get this from the deli, I have them slice it up for me.
Easy peasy. So a layer of that yummy ham then a nice big layer of mozzarella and on top go a bit more ham and lots of fresh cut pineapple pieces.
Oh my goodness, I’m so hungry now.
Homemade Pizza Recipes
- Green Vegetable Pesto Garden Pizza – for the veggie lover in your life
- Homemade Pizza Dough – turns out great every time
- Mellow Mushroom Kosmic Karma Copycat – just like the real deal, with sun dried tomatoes, feta and pesto
- Caesar Salad Pizza – a white pizza topped with caesar salad once it’s out of the oven
- Mellow Mushroom Pacific Rim Pizza Copycat – a favorite, pineapple, canadien bacon, bacon and jalapeno
- Bomb BBQ Chicken Pizza – the best BBQ chicken pizza!
- 1 dough ball
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 c mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 lb sliced black forest ham
- 1 c heaping pineapple chunks (more or less depending on how pineapple-y you like it!)
- Preheat the oven to 475
- Generously sprinkle corn meal on a pizza peel
- Stretch the pizza dough into a circle
- Smooth over the olive oil, sprinkle with some of the salt and pepper
- Spread, overlapping, all but one or two pieces of ham
- Top with cheese
- Cut the last few pieces of ham in quarters, put in over the cheese
- Now the pineapple chunks
- A bit of salt and pepper to top it off
- Bake until bubbly and the edges of the crust are golden, 10 minutes or so
- Rest a few minutes than cut into slices