This Hawaiian pizza is made with an olive oil base, ham, juicy pineapple and mozzarella cheese. Use the recipe to make your own homemade pizza dough for the best tasting Hawaiian pizza!
This recipe was originally published March 18, 2019. The recipe has not changed.
It's been awhile since I've posted a pizza recipe. Pizza is life, so I don't know how I let this happen.
And now the moment you've been waiting for......Hawaiian pizza!
I thought a classic and timeless Hawaiian pizza was just the thing for today! It's probably my favorite type of pizza and I'm a little surprised I've never shared my recipe for it on here.
You can make this homemade pizza dough recipe, it's super easy and always turns out perfect.
There's a lot of debate on whether or not pineapple belongs on pizza and let's just settle this and agree, it does.
Have you ever seen any of those pineapple on pizza memes? They are so funny! But there's no truth to it because pineapple on pizza is delicious!! Sorry haters. And if you haven't seen them then you should get on google right now and search "pineapple pizza memes".
This Hawaiian pizza starts with an olive oil base. I've been on this kick lately and making all my pizza with an olive oil base.
Like this caesar salad pizza. A crispy cold caesar salad on top of a hot baked white pizza.
The toppings really become the star when you use olive oil and you get the full flavor of what you're adding on top.
Full pineapple flavor.
It's important (super duper) to season the oil base though, salt and pepper does the trick in general but you can add crushed red pepper for some extra spice, garlic powder, or oregano.
Hawaiian Pizza: Pizza Dough
All good pizzas start of with a good pizza dough.
I like dough that has a slightly crispy bottom and puffy soft edges. This homemade pizza dough recipe is just that. The thing I love most about it is that it doesn't take a long time to make or rise.
And if you are crunched on time you can do the old oven warming trick for your dough.
Turn your oven on for 5 minutes, then off. Put the bowl of dough (covered) in the oven and close the door until it's double in size. About 45 minutes is all it needs.
The dough makes two dough balls so you can use one now, both now, one now and one later. Your pick.
Hawaiian Pizza Toppings
On top of that dreamy olive oil base is big pieces of smoky Black Forest ham. It's just sliced ham from the deli counter. But you can use canadian bacon too.
Easy peasy. So a layer of that yummy ham then a nice big layer of mozzarella and on top go a bit more ham and lots of fresh cut pineapple pieces.
You'll have a better tasting pizza if you get a ball of mozzarella and grate it yourself or use the fresh mozzarella and lay it down in slices.
And when pineapples are in season it makes the most sense to buy a whole pineapple then cut it up yourself. If you can't find one then a pre-packaged container is what you'll want to grab.
Oh my goodness, I'm so hungry now.
Homemade Pizza Recipes
- Green Vegetable Pesto Garden Pizza – for the veggie lover in your life
- Homemade Pizza Dough - turns out great every time
- Mellow Mushroom Kosmic Karma Copycat – just like the real deal, with sun dried tomatoes, feta and pesto
- Caesar Salad Pizza – a white pizza topped with caesar salad once it’s out of the oven
- Mellow Mushroom Pacific Rim Pizza Copycat – a favorite, pineapple, canadien bacon, bacon and jalapeno
- Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza – the best BBQ chicken pizza!
- 1 dough ball, see notes for recipe
- ¼ c olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 c mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ lb sliced black forest ham
- 1 c heaping pineapple chunks (more or less depending on how pineapple-y you like it!)
- Preheat the oven to 475
- Generously sprinkle corn meal on a pizza peel
- Stretch the pizza dough into a circle
- Smooth over the olive oil, sprinkle with some of the salt and pepper
- Spread, overlapping, all but one or two pieces of ham
- Top with cheese
- Cut the last few pieces of ham in quarters, put in over the cheese
- Now the pineapple chunks
- A bit of salt and pepper to top it off
- Bake until bubbly and the edges of the crust are golden, 10 minutes or so
- Rest a few minutes than cut into slices
You can use this recipe for homemade pizza dough
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 607mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 11g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.