This easy weeknight dinner features marinated greek seasoned chicken. Cooked on skewers to speed up the cook time and make dinner more fun! Served in a bowl with homemade tzatziki, cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion.
I love when you can fit your entire dinner a bowl. It’s so easy, simple and makes me feel like it’s going to be a light kitchen cleaning.
Cleaning the kitchen is the worst, yes?
You really can’t beat this greek chicken orzo bowl. There’s something for everyone to love.
How To Make Greek Chicken Orzo Bowls
Marinate cut up chicken breast with olive oil, lemon juice and some seasonings.
After a couple hours you can skewer the chicken and grill it. In the winter I usually grill over my grill pan.
It takes just minutes – it cooks so fast when they are just bite sized bits, so don’t give in to overcooking them.
Cook up the orzo, toss it in a bowl with some vegetables and tzatziki.
As for the tzatziki you can buy it pre-made or make your own. It’s actually really easy to make yourself and I usually opt for this because it’s cheaper than buying a container.
You’ll already have the major things you need to make it (like cucumbers and lemon juice, plus you’ll need some dried or fresh dill) all you need is a small single serving size container of greek yogurt.
Your family will be wanting this on repeat weekly, it’s such a great dinner!
More Greek Inspired Recipes
- Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus
- Chicken Pitas With Tzatziki
- Greek Chicken and Brown Rice Bowls With Avocado Feta
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 container cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 c dry orzo
- red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and peppe
- 1 container greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cucumber, grated no seeds, water squeezed out
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add the cubed chicken to a bag with the 'chicken marinade' ingredients, refrigerate for two hours
- Prepare the tzatziki ahead of time and let sit in the fridge until you are ready to eat
- Cook the orzo per package instructions, drain the water and set aside
- Skewer the chicken (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes prior)
- Heat a grill pan or fire up the grill, and cook over medium/high heat until no longer pink in the center
- Set the chicken aside after it's done cooking
- Keep covered with foil until you are ready to serve, to keep the chicken warm
- In a bowl add the cooked orzo, a couple chicken skewers, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and tzatziki
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review!