Extra creamy garlic parmesan chicken pasta. Super easy weeknight meal you have to try!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Pasta
This creamy garlic parmesan chicken pasta is too good for words. We all know and love the easy weeknight pasta dinners. Sometimes you just want that comforting bowl of pasta and no salad in the world will take its place!
I absolutely love fresh parmigiano reggiano cheese, the stuff you grate yourself, there's simply no substitution.
It's like mixing the best of both words, mac and cheese and chicken.
The block of fresh parm may seem pricey but it lasts a long time and you can use the rind of it, once its all done, to soak in your pasta sauces - it makes it a bit cheesy and so delicious.
So this pasta is loaded with fresh parmigiano. And garlic. Grab a bowl and get ready for the creamiest garlic parmesan pasta and it will for sure become a favorite.
This recipe does not need to be exact, a splash here a splash there, a pinch here a pinch there. Just make it your own.
- 1 lb chicken, pounded thin
- 8 oz pasta
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 c half and half
- 1/2 c parmigiano reggiano cheese, packed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Use a mallet or rolling pin, pound the chicken breast thinly
- Season it with pinches of salt, pepper and paprika
- Drizzle olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add the chicken, cooking on both sides until no longer pink in the middle
- Remove the chicken and set aside
- Turn the heat down to med/low
- To the pan add the butter and garlic, cooking 2-3 minutes
- Add to this the chicken broth, half and half, and parmigiano cheese
- Bring to a boil for a couple minutes, whisking constantly
- Turn heat down to low
- Sprinkle in some salt, pepper and some more paprika - all to taste, if it's too bland it probably needs a pinch more salt or some extra cheese
- Cut up the chicken and put it back in the pan
- Sprinkle on some fresh chopped parsley
- Add the lemon juice once everything is mixed up
Add more salt if it tastes bland, you can also add some season all seasoning to up the spices a bit
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g