This oven chicken should be your go to super easy dinner recipe. It takes next to no time to prep and the majority of the time is spent hands off, while the chicken bakes in the oven. All you need is a pan, chicken drumsticks, olive oil and some spices. The chicken comes out extra juicy, tender and delicious.
What do you think of when easy dinner comes to mind? No effort, zero work, borderline making a phone call to place an order for takeout. That's me all the way and when I want an easy dinner I want easy cleanup too.
This oven chicken is my forever go to for the easiest dinner around. Line a baking dish, take the chicken out of the package, drizzle on olive oil and spices and bake. That's it! No chopping, no prepping, no standing over the stove.
We all need that fallback recipe when it's been a long week. My favorite thing to serve with this? This Italian pasta salad. The two go great and the pasta salad makes enough for you to have for lunch or another side dish throughout the week.
How To Make Easy Oven Chicken
Get ready to do barely anything.
Baking dish. I suggest lining your rectangular baking dish with parchment paper. The chicken won't stick to it and it will make cleanup so fast!
Chicken. Take the chicken out of the package and line them up in the baking dish. Drizzle olive oil all over the chicken. Sprinkle on the salt, pepper and Italian herb seasoning.
Butter. Butter makes everything better. Cut the butter into little pats and place them on top of the chicken. It will melt all over and the juices that the chicken cook in will get that butter, the chicken is so juicy and tender!
Bake. Bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 40 minutes, give or take. Check the chicken with a thermometer, if it has reached 170 it's done. It's those last 10 minutes that the chicken starts to get crispy and brown. Take it out of the oven and let it cool 15 minutes before serving.
More Easy Recipes
- One Pot Skinny Chicken Parmesan
- 20 Minute Creamy Pumpkin Ravioli
- 30 Minute Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
- 15 Minute Grilled Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- 30 Minute Instant Pot Ribs
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp butter
- Olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450
- Line a 9x13 rectangular baking dish with parchment paper bigger than the baking dish (for easy cleanup)
- Put the chicken in the baking dish, lining them up so the handle part of the drum is face toward the center
- Drizzle olive oil all over the chicken
- Sprinkle on the Italian herb seasoning, salt and pepper
- Cut the butter into cubes and place a dot of butter on each chicken drum
- Bake for 40 minutes or once the internal temperate in the thickest part of the drum reaches 170 degrees
- Remove from the oven and let cool 15 minutes before serving
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 22g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.