These meatball sliders are the perfect thing to make for your next game day or party! The meatballs are super tender, full of flavor and easy to make. Grab a package of Hawaiian rolls and fill them up.
These meatball sliders are my boys favorite thing for a game day. They feed quite a few if it's just part of your appetizer spread and about 5 people if it's intended more for dinner.
All you need is a large package of 24 Hawaiian rolls, mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and ingredients to make the meatballs and herb butter. Trust me, you don't want to skip the herb butter that goes on top.
Here's a quick rundown of what you'll need. Please make sure to reference the recipe card for the full list of ingredients and directions.
- ground turkey (or ground beef)
- tomato paste
- parmigiano reggiano cheese
- panko bread crumbs
- garlic cloves
- Italian parsley
- salt and pepper
- Hawaiian rolls
- mozzarella cheese
- Italian herb seasoning
How To Make Meatball Sliders
Start by preparing the meatballs. Mix together all of the meatball ingredients. Heat a pan with some oil and use a spring release cookie scoop to scoop out even amounts into the pan. Cook in two batches.
You don't need to completely cook the meatballs through, just sear the outside. They will continue cooking in the sauce.
Put all of the meatballs in the pan with the jar of sauce.
Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half so you have a top and a bottom. Place a meatball on each spot, topped with mozzarella cheese.
Put the top half of the Hawaiian rolls on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Once the meatball sliders are out of the oven brush the melted butter and herbs on top.
More Game Day Recipes
- Hot Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Pico De Gallo
- Three Cheese Stuffed Pretzels
- M&M Cookies
- Sheet Pan Steak Totchos
- Salsa Fresca
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tbsp heavy cream
- ¼ c grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- ¼ c panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ small yellow onion, diced
- 3 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 24 Hawaiian rolls
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 24 ounces marinara
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ tsp Italian herb seasoning
- Sprinkle of chopped Italian parsley
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, tomato paste, heavy cream, parmigiano cheese, panko bread crumbs, egg, garlic, diced onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat, with olive oil in the bottom. Use a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop to measure out even amounts of meatball mixture, place directly into the pan without touching. Sear all edges, this should take about 5 minutes. Cook in two batches.
- Return all the meatballs to the pan and pour over the marinara. Cover with a lid and bring to a low boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half so there is a top and a bottom. Add one meatball to each section on the bottom half. Sprinkle on shredded mozzarella cheese and place the top half of the Hawaiian rolls back on. Bake for 10 minutes.
- To make the herb butter, in a small bowl mix together the melted butter, Italian herb seasoning and chopped Italian parsley. Remove from the oven and brush over top the herb butter. Serve.
Ground beef can be substituted for ground turkey.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 445mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 19g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.