Your friends and family will go nuts over this Christmas crack! It's buttery, salty, sweet goodness. Saltine crackers smooshed between caramel toffee and milk chocolate, topped with chopped pecans and festive Christmas sprinkles.
This recipe was first published Dec 1, 2022.
Unless you are living under a rock then there is no doubt that you haven't heard about Christmas crack! It's the one made with saltine crackers.
And before you write it off (because how weird are saltines), I swear it is so good and addicting!
It's also beyond easy to make. 20 minutes is all you need to make this super easy Christmas dessert.
My sister-in-law used to gift me a tin or two of this every year at Christmas and it was always my favorite treat to binge eat while watching Hallmark Christmas movies.
Make sure to stock up on cute Christmas tins so you can gift this treat to friends and family!
For the list of amounts and directions please see the recipe card near the bottom of this post.
- butter - opt for salted butter
- brown sugar - light brown sugar
- saltine crackers
- Ghiradelli chocolate chips - I highly suggest using Ghiradelli brand chocolate chips, they melt really easily
How To Make Christmas Crack
Start by preheating your oven to 350. Line a 13" x 18" baking sheet with tin foil. Don't bother spraying it with cooking spray, it's not necessary.
Line up the saltines on the baking sheet in an even flat layer.
Heat a nonstick pot over low head. Add the butter and brown sugar. Cook until the sugar has melted and it doesn't feel gritty anymore. Stir occasionally.
Turn the heat up to medium. Once the sauce is a frothy boil and bubble start a timer for 4 minutes. Whisk it once every minute, otherwise leave it alone.
After 4 minutes turn the heat off and pour the sauce over the saltines. Immediately use a spatula to spread the caramel sauce over the saltines so they over covered evenly.
Place in the oven for 7-8 minutes. Upon removing, the caramel should be bubbling. Let this sit for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over top and use a spatula to spread the chocolate around once the chips are melty.
Sprinkle the chopped pecans and Christmas sprinkles on top of the chocolate layer.
Refrigerate for 2 hours then break the pieces apart.
More Christmas Treats
- Pecan Sandies
- Big Fat Pecan Sticky Buns
- Christmas Monster Cookies
- Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Butter Cookies
- 1 c salted butter
- 1 c light brown sugar, packed
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 c Ghirardelli brand chocolate chips
- 1 c pecans, chopped
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, overlapping the edges. Line up 40 saltine crackers.
- In a nonstick pot, melt the butter and brown sugar on the stove over low heat. Continue cooking until sugar is dissolved, whisking occasionally. Turn heat up to medium. Once it‘s boiling (frothy foamy) time for 3-4 minutes and whisk one time that each minute has passed.
- Pour on saltines and immediately spread with a spatula so all the saltines are covered in an even layer. Work fast, it will thicken quickly.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, pull out once it’s bubbling. Sprinkle with a few pinches of salt.
- Pour chocolate chips on top, wait 3 minutes then spread with a spatula. Sprinkle on the chopped pecans and sprinkles.
- Transfer to the fridge to chill 2 hours. Remove from the fridge, break the pieces apart and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.