These chocolate chip cookies are crisp on the outside and cakey soft in the center. Filled with semi sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips. What makes these cookies different? They are made with melted butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar. It gives the cookies a really nice texture.
My family loves chocolate chips cookies and it's a close call between them and these peanut butter monster cookies.
These chocolate chip cookies were a total accident! I wanted to make chocolate chip cookies but I had run out of sugar, all I had in my pantry was brown sugar and powdered sugar. So I gave it a shot and the outcome was so good! I haven't made them any other way since.
Here's a fun fact, the Disney Grand Floridian actually makes their chocolate chips cookies the same way (with powdered sugar). It gives the cookies a very distinct crackle finish on top.
If you like your cookies chewier then I suggest baking them a shorter amount of time, we like ours to have a crisp bite to them so we bake them longer.
This is just an overview, for the full list of ingredients and their amounts please refer to the recipe card near the bottom of this post.
- melted butter
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- kosher salt
- milk chocolate chips
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- mini semi sweet chocolate chips
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Start by melting butter in a large glass bowl. Add in the brown sugar and powdered sugar and stir for 1 minute. Then add in the vanilla extract and egg, mix this until combined. In a separate bowl sift together the all purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine. Pour in all of the chocolate chips and stir. The dough should not be super sticky, if it is then sprinkle in a little more flour.
It should be able to be rolled into a cookie dough ball without sticking to your hands. Use a cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoon size) to evenly scoop out the cookie dough then roll into a ball. Space them out on the cookie sheet so they don't touch after baking.
Remove from the oven, let sit a minute then transfer to a cooling rack.
More Cookie Recipes
- M&M Cookies
- Crumbl Pink Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- S'mores Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Dipped Butter Cookies
- ½ c butter, melted
- ½ c brown sugar
- ½ c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ c + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ c milk chocolate chips Ghirardelli
- ½ c semi sweet chocolate chips Ghirardelli
- 3 tbsp mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Bake 375 12 min for crunchy 9-10 for softer.
- Preheat oven to 375. Melt the butter in a large glass bowl. Stir in the brown sugar and powdered sugar for 1 minute. Add the vanilla extract and egg, mix until combines
- In a separate bowl sift the all purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Stir this into the wet ingredients. Stir in all of the chocolate chips. The dough should be able to roll between hands without sticking, if it does then sprinkle in a little more flour.
- Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop even amounts and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Use your hands to roll the cookie dough into balls.
- For a crisper cookie bake for 12-13 minutes, for a slightly softer cookie bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from the oven, rest 1 minute before transfer to a cooling rack.
I recommend using ghiradelli chocolate chips for the best flavor, the milk chocolate chips are larger than other brands.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 26 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.