These buttery cranberry shortbread cookies are such a delight. A crumbly shortbread style cookie filled with pieces of fresh cranberries.
If you are looking for a Christmas cookie that isn't the very popular peanut butter blossom or sugar cookie then look no further. These cranberry shortbread cookies are the perfect new addition to your cookie roundup.
They are a buttery, sweet and a bit sour thanks to the fresh cranberries.
- Butter: Use a salted butter for more flavor and that's how the recipe was written.
- Powdered Sugar: Instead of regular sugar you'll need to use powdered sugar also called confectioners sugar or icing sugar.
- Salt: Use kosher salt for this recipe, but if you are subbing it out for table salt you need to decrease the amount.
- Flour: All purpose flour.
- Cranberries: Fresh cranberries and chop them up in a little food processor or by hand with a knife.
How To Make Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
Cream together the butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
Add the salt and vanilla. Fold in the flour with a spoon.
Use a knife or food processor to chop up the cranberries.
Stir in the cranberries.
Use a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop to place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. These cookies do not spread much, so you don’t need to leave a lot of room.
Bake for 20 minutes.
You want them to be slightly golden on the bottom.
- 15 tbsp salted butter
- 1 c (scant cup) powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ c all purpose flour
- ½ cup cranberries, pulsed or chopped small
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream the butter and sugar until white and fluffy. Add the salt and vanilla. Fold in the flour with a spoon. Stir in pulsed cranberries.
- Use a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop to place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. These cookies do not spread much, so you don’t need to leave a lot of room.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cookies have started to turn golden on the bottom.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
This information comes from online calculators. Although moderncrumb.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.